Is Day Care Right for Your Best Friend?
Day care for your dog is not just for helping you feel less guilty about leaving your best friend home alone while you’re at work or out of town.
The most responsible dog owners encourage and reinforce social skills throughout their dog's life, so it is important to continue to socialize your dog well into adulthood.
We all know that look you get as you’re packing a suitcase or the “doggy in the window” pose as you’re pulling out of your driveway – it breaks our hearts! But more importantly, as a dog owner, you are probably aware of the importance of socializing your puppy. While the foundation for good behavior is laid during the first few months, socialization does not end at puppyhood.
Proper socialization helps to create a confident and well-rounded pet and is crucial to your dog’s emotional health
And, by providing an outlet for your pet’s energy, you not only promote your dog’s overall health and well-being, you also minimize the risk of inadvertently enabling destructive or otherwise negative behaviors or emotional states while home alone.
Safety is first when it comes to socialization. At Love My Doggy Day Care, each dog is carefully evaluated and matched up in playgroups that provide the best balance of play styles. And of course each dog is assessed on its socialization skills before ever joining a play group. You can be confident that our highly trained staff is keeping a watchful eye on your pet while you’re away, and making sure all his or her needs are met while he is kept safe and happy.
Picking the right Day Care for your pet is vital
We strongly suggest a tour before selecting any facility that you might consider for your pet. Here are a few tips on what to look for:
- You should be able to tour any aspect of the facility without a reservation, at any time during business hours.
- It should smell clean and be clean from top to bottom.
- Staff members should be available and capable of answering any of your pet care questions.
- You should request and receive reference lists of current and/or past customers to check on their satisfaction.
- Staff members should own pets and appear kind and friendly toward the animals in their care.
- The kennel should require vaccinations from a licensed veterinarian prior to allowing a pet to be boarded.
- Kennel suites or runs should be spacious and clean, and independent from one another.